There are a number of very good reasons to list your property for sale right now.
Consider these few:
- Home sale prices continue to rise: The most recent FMLS data shows that median home sale prices continue to rise, with a healthy but sustainable +5.4% increase y-o-y.
- Demand remains steady: Year-over-year sales increased at a +1.2% rate in the most recent FMLS data.
- Supply may be waning: Although inventory has been tracking at just under 3 months’ worth of sales, the reporting lag means that the recent anecdotal tail off in new properties for sale has not yet been captured.
- Year end buyers are motivated: People engaged in an active home search at this time of year may have a stronger motivation to complete a transaction, perhaps for a job that starts in the new year, or even one that’s already started.
- Less competition for buyers: The current home inventory is aging and those motived buyers noted above have generally seen what’s out there to buy. If they haven’t bought yet then they’re looking for something else to spark them into action. Your listing will stand out even more during this season when historically fewer new listings come onto market.
Let’s meet right away to discuss how we can execute a plan to sell your home for the best price and in the soonest time.
David G. Gratz
John Bailey Realty, Inc.
3324 Peachtree Road NE, Suite C
Atlanta, GA 30326